Features & Benefits
Tracking Individual Objectives
Conventional objective tracking and reporting can be a blunt instrument, even leading to reports that do not properly reflect an individual's strengths or development needs.
BlueSky brings a refreshing depth of detail to this task, enabling bespoke reports that are tailored to specific audiences. Our reports shine a searching light on individual performance against specific strategic goals. They also contain pay spine data.
- A win-win: major savings in your workload, coupled with much higher reporting quality
- Rigour, consistency, easy moderation
- Instant live reports
- Fast drilldown to the detail – e.g. dialogue and evidence
- Tailorable for specific audiences
- Ready evidence for pay recommendations
- Head teachers can moderate the activity of your line managers
- You and your colleagues are part of the same, consistent system
- A sense of feeling valued: transparent processes, fair practices
- Look at your schools independently
- Time-efficient: less workload
- Quality: consistent approach = consistent moderation
- A single point of entry with tailored permissions
- ASCL tested and approved
Projects is about collaborating on every aspect of professional practice. It enables you to share and gain knowledge, between and across different schools.
Because it's easy – everyone shares more.
- Helps you make collaboration part of your culture
- Everyone can tap into best practice and expertise
- Gets all your staff engaged
- Use it promote your school
- Manage visibility and accessibility across your staff
Teachers & support
- Share your expertise, and learn from others'
- A networking tool to build connections
- Your professional commitment, evidenced
- Make collaboration business as usual
- Many schools, but one platform
- Nurture collegiate working across teams
Any kind of formal review needs full and accurate evidence.
The Overview Statements feature enables you to produce fully tailored reports to a standardised format.
So whether it's a performance-related pay discussion or a progress appraisal, you have everything to hand
- You have instant access to the progress of any staff member
- Top-line reports are supported with a full evidence trail
- A complete picture for fair assessments over pay
- ASCL approved
- Headteachers can view complete dialogue
- You have a clear voice in decision-making
- You can be sure your schools are acting consistently
- Quality assurance: totals report that reviews have taken place
- A time-saving helicopter view
A 'teacher on a page'.
The Progress Summary gives you an instant resumé of a teacher's entire career, distilled onto a single page.
- Complete careers, accessed in seconds
- Comprehensive: a full 360° performance view
- Tracks teaching over time and helps validate effectiveness
Teachers & support
- Your whole career in summary
- A clear and concise showcase of your achievements
- Supports pay reviews and your career progression
- 'Meet' your teachers: a simple digital introduction
- A wealth of data from across your schools
- Drill down to interrogate deeper data
With the shared goal of continuous improvement, the Executive Summary enables schools and their teachers to track standards and achievement, supported by a complete evidence trail.
- Rigorous evidence based
- Versatile – use our bank or generate your own
- Useful for stakeholders
- Drill downable/dive in to look at source date
- Reinforces rigour
- Individual contributes to whole school improvements.
- Yours results matter/contributions matter.
- Feel you are making a difference/part of a bigger picture.
- Consistency of practice.
- Ability to drill down even to individual teacher level.
- Proven to drive improvement.
Team Aspect Evaluation
'Rigorous' has traditionally meant onerous when it comes to gaining a full picture of team performance.
BlueSky brings the task down to size. Team Aspect Evaluation means that you can call up summary reports across teams and groups, instantly.
- Brings forward your middle leaders to take ownership
- Importance of standardisation of expectations across middle leaders
- Supports your whole-school improvement plan
- Identify trends and typicality, in moments
Teachers & support
- Does full justice to your performance
- Provides richer detail beyond lesson observations
- A fully rounded view of your performance
- Sets out explicitly what's expected of you
- Compares performance against specific subjects
- Aids identifying team expertise to encourage coaching
- Brings consistency in assessing all your teams
- A helicopter view, coupled with drill-down detail
- Proven to drive improvement
Comparisons are only valuable if they are made like-for-like.
When they are, you can make meaningful decisions, and allocate precious resources in the right places.
Importantly, staff also need to feel that they're being compared consistently, both inside and outside their schools.
The Partnership module enables fair and useful comparisons, bringing live staff data to your dashboard.
- A catalyst for cross-collaboration between schools
- Reassure staff that data is fair and consistent for all
- Supports succession planning
- Simplifies staff sharing and mobility
- Widen your horizons – connect with colleagues in other schools
- Learn from shared experiences across the partnership
- Exchange best practice through BlueSky projects
- Get involved and benefit from inter-school CPL
- A proven solution for any number of schools
- A standardised, consistent practice
- Take a helicopter view of your schools, and/or drill right down
- A catalyst for CPL collaboration
- Live data, with management functionality to use it.
- Complex but simple bespoke structure
We all need, and benefit from, feedback from our peers.
In turn, the insights this provides is 'coaching gold' when it comes to personal and leadership development.
The 360 feature makes gaining and processing this learning straightforward
- Your middle/senior leaders gain valuable performance feedback
- Seen through the eyes of their teams and peers
- A valuable tool for succession planning
Teachers & support
- Supports the development of reflective practice
- Leads to clear and focused dialogue about perceptions and effectiveness
- A superb coaching aid
- Feeds into planning for your career progression
- Invaluable support for cross-trust middle/senior programmes.
The Professional Support module is great news for everyone involved in remote support for schools in alliances or trusts.
With Professional Support you can track requests, workflow and impacts of demands such as SLEs, NLEs, LLEs. You can also monitor communications and performance reviews, and report impacts on teams and individuals. And all paper-free.
BlueSky also assists teaching schools to meet their responsibilities.
- An end to paper trails in remote school support
- Track how your experts are contributing to other schools
- Understand their time, schedules and commitments
- Easily review actions and impacts
- All your achievements in one simple digital space
- Access and update them any time
- Your accomplishments – in your own portable portfolio
- Your outreach teams, managed centrally
- Get detailed visibility of activities, time spent and impact
- Instant live access: no waiting for reports on SLEs, NLEs, LLEs
- Broker your school's skills
ITT and NQT
Only BlueSky gives you portable portfolios, and also recognises that sharing is a key part of development and achievement.
With BlueSky you create a portfolio to be shared with mentors, tutors, and indeed whole new communities of professionals. It logs your evidence against set standards and objectives, and serves internal and external school supporting roles.
Fully flexible, your portfolios integrate with any organisation.
- BlueSky works seamlessly with your culture, making the transition easy
- Detailed guidance and support shows staff you value them
- Performance reviews are easier, based on evidence
Teachers & support
- Purpose-designed for you to engage with rigorous, proven standards
- Your portfolio is your passport: start building it for the future
- Discover the value of collaboration and supportive dialogue
- Inductions are standardised
- Clearer expectations for all new teachers
- Embed the right core practices from the outset
- Transition a new wave of professionals into your culture
- One simple portfolio for multiple roles
Observe lessons directly in BlueSky in your own way: use your own fully customisable proforma, or choose from our bank of options.
- Aligns fully with your school and team goals
- Enables customised overtime reporting
- The perfect tool for validating learning
- Optimised for a range of devices
- Transparent records to help you reflect and improve
- Gives you a clear voice, and you can respond with dialogue
- Triangulate with performance goals and CPL
- Additional evidence such as video? Simply attach it
- All observations, all schools, all consistently handled
- Identify expertise and influence school planning
- Take a helicopter view and/or drill down
- Any time, any place, any device – your records are ready
Every element of professional learning: managed, organised and powerfully displayed.
- Strong graphics, showing impact and progress towards goals
- Replaces the paper trail and keeps everyone in the loop
- Automated impact evaluations and aggregated reports
- CPD: true costs revealed and value assessed
Teachers & support
- Take control: identify your learning needs and request support
- Aligns with professional targets
- CPL records support career and pay progression
- Your learning history, clear and complete
- Central, consistent management
- Promote to your schools or share publicly
- Centralised cost reports
- Non-BlueSky schools can search and register for your training
When time is of the essence (and when isn't it?), the Personalised Dashboards module brings everything to hand.
Live short cuts to activities records, resources, community and live summaries of professional profiles.
You can also communicate directly with other staff, and check on dates and notifications linked to deadlines.
- Encourage ownership and accountability for all
- All teams, all groups, one standard
- Academic staff or not – everyone's valued with a portfolio
- A clear statement about equal opportunities
- Seize control of your growth and goals
- Everything is in one digital space
- Keep on top of deadlines and actions
- Consistent standards and culture across all your schools
- A clear commitment to transparency and fairness
- Set expectations and deadlines that apply to all
- Makes cross-schools working easier
This feature helps you to review your reviews, against set professional standards or your own bespoke benchmarks.
You can also aggregate reviews across a team, a school or a whole trust, identifying the experts and focusing on the gaps.
Validate your findings with end-of-year review evidence, and hold conversations and career expectations based on solid data.
- A complete online resource with customisable guidance and materials
- Identify CPL needs, expertise and develop coaching practice
- The support you need for succession planning
Teachers & support
- Your strengths and development needs, itemised and summarised
- In confidence or shared
- Understand your performance vs. the school's expectations
- Cross-school aggregation enables targeted reductions in CPL costs
- Standardise what you offer
- Find your star performers, and share their expertise across schools
- Broker or sell services to other schools
Talk to real people
BlueSky offers you a wealth of experience to draw on, from our UK office. Why not start with a free demonstration? Call us +44 (0)1483 880004 or click the button below and we’ll come straight back to you.