Training Courses by Schools for Schools
Safe Sexual Awareness among Adolescents with Autism and Special Needs
Woodfield School, Glenwood Avenue, NW9 7LY
The course will encourage participants to think therapeutically when planning and delivering teaching material This course will provide participants with the opportunity to explore the challenges of teaching sex and relationship education to adolescents with autism and special needs. The benefits and challenges of different teaching methodologies will be explored using the presentation of various case studies.
- To explore how teachers own attitudes and beliefs around sex and relationships can impact and influence their teaching
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the specific challenges around teaching sex and relationship education to students with autism and learning disabilities
- To explore different teaching methodologies and the contexts in which they can be employed
- To explore useful strategies when unsafe or inappropriate sexual material and expression arises in students
- To gain a sensitivity and confidence in dealing with issues of abuse and trauma
Provisional Booking Request
Are you interested in attending this course?
Book this course
Not a BlueSky member, sign up now for FREE to register to book on courses.
Already signed up? Log in to edit your course alert preferences.