Training Courses by Schools for Schools
The village School, Grove Park, Kingsbury, London, NW9 0JY
A 2-day foundation level course which will equip participants with the skills to set up and run the 4-stage Attention Autism programme. The Attention Autism programme targets the teaching of attention, communication and social interaction skills to children on the autistic disorder spectrum (ASD). There are demonstrations of the techniques in action, films of the work with children, practical hands-on experience for participants and ideas for activities. The intention is to share the practical skills needed for participants to feel confident in setting up and running the intervention immediately.
- Understand how to engage children with autism
- Understand how to teach, encourage and support communication
- Understand how to embed early social interaction skills into group work
- Know how to set up and run the intervention with groups of children
- Know how to modify and adapt levels of stimulation/distraction in a group setting
Provisional Booking Request
Are you interested in attending this course?
Book this course
Not a BlueSky member, sign up now for FREE to register to book on courses.
Already signed up? Log in to edit your course alert preferences.