Training Courses by Schools for Schools
Supporting Complex Needs: Downs Syndrome
The village School, Grove Park, Kingsbury, London, NW9 0JY
This 2-day OCN level 3 accredited course will cover a number of aspects of working with pupils with Downs Syndrome and practical strategies for managing teaching and learning in school settings. Participants will learn and demonstrate skills used for working with pupils with Downs Syndrome during the sessions and in practical settings. They will devise strategies for teaching, assessment, and resource making, adapting environments and creating activities for individual pupils for use in a practical setting.
- To understand the medical and social implications of having Downs Syndrome
- To develop strategies for teaching maths and literacy
- To differentiate teaching and learning appropriate to cognitive abilities and preferred learning styles
- To be able to manage behaviour
- To understand how to use appropriate Alternative and Augmentative communication systems
- To be able to assess progress and set appropriate outcomes for Education Health and Care Plans
Provisional Booking Request
Are you interested in attending this course?
Book this course
Not a BlueSky member, sign up now for FREE to register to book on courses.
Already signed up? Log in to edit your course alert preferences.