Training Courses by Schools for Schools
Elklan Course - Speech and Language Support for Children and Young People with SLD
Woodfield Teaching School Alliance, Glenwood Avenue, London, NW9 7LY
This practical training course will provide new approaches and strategies to help students with SLD maximise their speech, language and communication potential and effectively differentiate the curriculum. Participants will receive a nine-credit qualification at either Level 3 or Level 2 in Speech and Language Support for Pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties. A portfolio of evidence will need to be submitted. The course uses interactive teaching methods, practical activities, videos and group discussion to engage learners.
- What is communication?
- Understanding and using sentences
- Developing verbal reasoning and ability to answer complex questions
- Promoting effective communication and social skills through understanding pragmatic language skills and how to support development of emotional literacy
- Promoting effective communication and social skills through using comic strip conversations and ‘Circle of friends’ strategy. The issue of Autism will be explored
- Articulation, phonological awareness and spelling
- Embedding newly learnt skills within class based activities
Provisional Booking Request
Are you interested in attending this course?
Book this course
Not a BlueSky member, sign up now for FREE to register to book on courses.
Already signed up? Log in to edit your course alert preferences.